oil cooler, front valence

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: oil cooler, front valence
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 92 11:25:37 EST
I finally installed the oil cooler in my MGB this weekend and it seems to
be working fine.  One thing though, is that the oil pressure is now
significantly higher than it was before.  It used to be between 50-80 psi
when warm, now it is nearly 100 psi.  Is this a problem?  I've thought of
a couple things that could cause this - 1. the oil cooler might be somewhat
restrictive and this could raise the pressure (is the pressure read before
the oil goes to the cooler or after it is back?) 2. The oil is not getting
as warm, so the pressure is higher.  Do I have anything to worry about?

I also adjusted the brakes this weekend.  The manuals I've got say to
tighten the adjuster until the wheel won't turn, then back off one notch.
How much is one notch? One complete turn?  One quarter turn? Something else?

Finally, I ordered and received a new front valence since my car is missing
its valence.  Is this supposed to be painted to match the color of the
car or painted black?  This is for a '74 MGB, the valence has vents in it.
I have seen pictures of it both ways.

Thanks,

Bob