Re: oil cooler, front valence

To: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones), british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: oil cooler, front valence
From: sggy@crux1.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1992 12:12:02 -0500
Robert Jones scribed:
 Subject: oil cooler, front valence
> One thing though, is that the oil pressure is now
> significantly higher than it was before.  It used to be between 50-80 psi
> when warm, now it is nearly 100 psi.

This sounds strange -100 is awful high. The pressure releife spring should
let off at around 80. You may have a bad relief, or have plumbed something
weird. Pressure shouldn't have changed at all, except it won't drop as
fast due to heating/thinning. Maybe there's a restriction in the cooler or
oil filter?

> I also adjusted the brakes this weekend.  The manuals I've got say to
> tighten the adjuster until the wheel won't turn, then back off one notch.
> How much is one notch? One complete turn?  One quarter turn? Something else?

1/4 turn.
If you can't feel the notches click when turning the adjuster, it's time to
remove them, and clean &  anti-seize the adjuster. It consists of a cone
with 4 flats that you should feel as a distinct click when turning. Also-
one notch may be a little tight- it may take 2 or 3 to avoid the brake shoes
rubbing as you rotate the wheel.

> front valence.  Is this supposed to be painted to match the color of the
> car or painted black?

The same as the car.

   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett              (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | South Lansing Centre For
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | Wayward Sports Cars
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!