Re: Smiths guages

To: Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com, Kantarjiev@parc.xerox.com
Subject: Re: Smiths guages
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 92 16:07:10 EST

->      I think that the Black bezel with orange needle must be from a late
->      TR6, as my 1970 TR6 has guages with Black bezels and white needles.
->
->Very interesting. I was extrapolating from my 1970 GT6+. It has had an
->ammeter and oil pressure gauge added (only water temp and fuel level
->are stock), and I had assumed that they came from a TR6 of similar
->vintage. Maybe not, especially since the oil pressure gauge is fed by a
->copper tube instead of a flexible nylon tube (soon to be changed to a
->braided ss line).
->

        My 76 TR-6 has black gauges and white needles. And I kinda doubt
any of the 300 made after mine are much different....

        The gauges in the 72 parts car are of a different style, but otherwiase
are the same.

iii