New fuel pump

To: chrysanthemum!sol@hoosier
Subject: New fuel pump
From: taylor!randy
Date: Tue Apr 7 00:14:41 1992
Re: Facet fuel pump and jack hammer combo

>        Well,  the new pump works much better except that it is a good

>deal noisier than the SU.  It doesn't seem to put out nearly the radio

Better watch those pumps. They've been known to rattle every bolt out

of the car. Seriously, I have seen the sheetmetal bulkhead stress

cracked from the vibration those pumps put out. The only way to really

make them work is to mount as Mazda did on the *old* 808. Put it

vertically on large rubber blocks. A possible source for these blocks

would be a VW dealer. Radiator mounts from a 77 Rabbit.

A better solution would be to use an AutoPump. This is a New Zealand

made SU clone. It has all of the latest hacks, diode and etc., mounts

in the original bracket using the original lines, and has the proper

flow and pressure specs. They're also fairly reliable.

   Randy