Sitfire adventure & Re: Cars on the commute

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Sitfire adventure & Re: Cars on the commute
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 92 13:51:50 EDT
        Saw an interesting one on the way home last night.

        BRG, Rover 2000 TC.

        But that was before I went across town to pick up the Spitfire. An
adventure unto itself.

        I grabbed a fiend from the theater @ school, fixed the truck, drove the
15 miles to where the car was. And it wouldn't start. Fouled plugs. Cleaned them
up, got it started, stalled it out a couple of dozen times, and hit the road.
Followed said fiend in my truck as the light faded. Made it nearly all the way
home too. Car died 2 blocks from home. Tried to start it again, but to no avail.
towed it the rest of the way...

        And it's first race is Saturday... And I'm doing a show every night
this week... GAK.

        iii