Re: MGB ponderings

To: british-cars@hoosier, rck@fangio.asd.sgi.com
Subject: Re: MGB ponderings
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 92 11:37:13 -0700
I think you want to use a '74 or later MGB for V8 conversions.  You need to
do major firewall mods on the earlier cars.  The V8 fits in the newer (at
least that is what I was told).  Steve Chase has an almost done conversion in
his shop near the San Jose airport.  he can probably tell you exactly what
it takes.  Ummm... have you considered adding an MG engine & trans from one
with a wrecked body?  I know MGBs are common. but I only see 3 or 4 a week
on the road anymore(as opposed to half a dozen XJs & 3, or 4 Range Rovers a
day).  They seem to have been becoming a lot less common over the past few years

TeriAnn