Repair of alloy wheels

To: british-cars@hoosier, exotic-cars@rigel.dfrf.nasa.gov,
Subject: Repair of alloy wheels
From: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 92 12:01:07 EDT
When I mentioned this on the exotic cars mailing list I got a flood of
a public service that I would give it out on all of the automotive mailing
lists that I'm a member of.

This is a place that can repair and true alloy wheels.  They use custom built
machinery that was designed with the aid of a materials science professor
from a local university.  As far as I know this is the only place that is
capable of repairing alloy wheels with more than superficial damage:

        Wheel Collision Center
        7286 Penn Drive
        Bath, PA  18014
        1 800 292 RIMS

I am having some magnesium wheels repainted by these guys.  They seem
knowledgable, but I haven't gotten them back yet, so cannot say how good
their work is.  I have no association with these guys other than being a
customer.

                                                Joe