Re: TR7 shape

To: british-cars@hoosier (SOL list)
Subject: Re: TR7 shape
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 92 20:55:52 CDT
Note:  I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I'm just voicing my
opinion.  Also, this is a subject that I don't recall being covered
before in this forum...

> If anyone is interested, there is a BRG TR7 (don't know much about it,
> as I always considered the TR7 that shape of things to go...)

It's fairly obvious that the TR7's styling was years ahead of its
time.  Taken a look at a Honda Prelude or [insert name of just about
any "sporty" rice-burner here] lately?  Don't get me wrong, I own 2
Japanese vehicles myself, but I don't think the TR7 gets enough credit
for its cutting edge styling.  Sure, there were other cars before it
that used a similar shape, but it was the first "doorstop" for the
masses.  The shape of the TR7 didn't do it in, poor quality and a
less-than-optimal choice for a powerplant did.

Don't take it personally, I've always had a soft spot for the TR7.  It
was probably the second British car I fell in love with, after the
E-type.  Whilst looking for a sports car to buy, I ran across a TR7
Spyder that I sometimes wish I'd bought instead of the Alpine.
--
T.J. Higgins | higgins@ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping Sciences | Huntsville, AL
"Never say 'always.'" -- Lewis Grizzard