mini oil seal

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: mini oil seal
From: danb@apd.MENTORG.COM (Daniel Boughton)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 10:16:49 -0700
I've never replaced one of these myself but I've been told it can be done
in the car.  You remove the bonnet, pull the flywheel cover, flywheel, etc.,
pop a new one one and re-assemble.

You will need a flywheel puller and if the flywheel has been lapped on (likely
with this big of an overbore) it needs to be quite beefy.

Another concern is why the seal died.  Typically this means bad vibration
caused by loose bearings or some out of balance condition (typical at high
R's without a special vibration dampner).