re: Classic Cars prices

To: pwcs!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM
Subject: re: Classic Cars prices
From: mikej@apd.MENTORG.COM (Mike Johnson)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 17:16:34 PDT
>>What, pray tell, do they have to say about my '74 Europa TC Special?

>Your 1974 car, which by coincedence is a Lotus 74, I believe, is worth quite a
>bit more than the S2.  If it is any kind of shape at all, it has to be worth '
>$10K.  Mike Johnson has a '74 and can probably help here.

Wish I could say that the type 74, which is a Europa Twin Cam Special Equipment,
is worth more than it was 2 years ago, but as with most other collectors this is
not true.

Good cars are running $8000 to $10000.  Excellent cars $10000 to $12000.  I
would
put 95 point cars above excellent but here the price is what ever you can get.
Start a 95 point car over the cost of the restoration and let the market work it
back down.  Depending on your skills I would not get really interested in a Twin
Cam that was being sold for less than ~$5000.  The seller probably does not have
much respect for the car so why should you.

I guess this says more about my philosphy(sp?) than about the value of Europas.

                                mikej@apd.mentorg.com