Re: Wasting LBCs

To: chrysanthemum!sol@hoosier
Subject: Re: Wasting LBCs
From: taylor!randy
Date: Tue Apr 14 23:26:31 1992
Larry Snyder writes:

> I saw a rerun of a McGyver episode where he put a parachute on a nice
> red MGB and drove it out the landing door of some cargo plane at about

> coming down on the 'chute, but never showed it landing. Gee, I wonder why.

Well, the car might have survived that landing. That footage was shot many
years ago as a Leyland commerical. The car did land okay, they hopped in it
and drove off. But this was the second attempt. On the first attempt, the
chute didn't open. Car and Driver had an "after" picture of the first car.
Talk about one low slung MGB.

If anyone wants to research this picture, it was mid-70's, probably a
January issue.

  Randy
    randy@taylor(.uucp)