Backward fan blades

To: "british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu"@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Backward fan blades
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder - lesnyd@monsanto.com - (314)694-3626)
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 92 13:36:45 -0500
All of us folk who engage in the exciting hobby/sport of model aircraft have
long been familiar with the effects of reversing a prop. In fact, my very
first model airplane (a Cox Piper Cub with a .049) came with the instructions
that beginners could put the prop on backwards to keep the plane from flying
too fast. I've also heard of folks breaking in their engines with the prop
backwards to keep them from loading up on the ground.

I knew my airplanes weren't toys. Wait till I tell my wife!

Larry