Re: British Car Sites in Britain

To: british-cars@hoosier (british-cars)
Subject: Re: British Car Sites in Britain
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 92 13:48:18 MDT
 Martine Wedlake (martine@rigel.cs.pdx.edu) writes...
} Lawrence (southern@ncar.ucar.edu) writes...
}- Martine Wedlake (martine@rigel.cs.pdx.edu) writes...
}-}
}-}I'm touring the Great Isle for the month of June as a vacation, and was
}-}wondering if anybody knows of some events or sites BritCar related I could
}-}visit?
}-}
}-}I'd especially like to see Triumph events (shows, races, etc).
}-
}-If you get any responses to this, could you summarize them for us?
}-
}I've gotten one suggestion so far; Dennis Wilson mentions that I ought
}to go to Durham (20 miles from Newcastle), but didn't know what events
}were scheduled.
}
}I'm hoping that my mail will get to the Great Isle soon, and some of
}the Brit's can give me some ideas.
}
}If I get enough responses I'll post a summary.

It would be worth maintaining a list of UK museums, factories,
racetracks, enthusiast parts places and clubs that are open to
visitors, as well as the people to contact at these respective
places to get the info on tours or upcoming activities.

mjb, can you recommend any places based on your last visit??

It's not inconceivable that we'd be making the trip within the next
few years.  I think that it's about time that I see how well my
codes run at the European Center for Medium-Range Weather
Forecasting over in Reading.  Hummm, a month or two at the UK Met
Office and the Hadley Center for Climate in Bracknell might be in
order too.

# set code-port-mode on

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________
        There once was a young woman named Plunnery,
        who rejoiced in the practice of gunnery,
        One day unobservent, she blew up a servent,
        And was forced to retire to a nunnery.       E Gorey