Re: Re: Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, islabs!sequent!uunet!cdc.hp.com!cobra
Subject: Re: Re: Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers...
From: rkg@ateq.com (Richard George x 7247)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 92 15:14:07 PDT
>brake) fluid.  Repeated heating and fast cooling works well to free up
>frozen bolts too but you might have trouble squeezing a LR into your
>freezer.  Try ice water.

My favorite way to do this is to use some freeze spray (liquid nitrogen works
too, but I'm always afraid that much of a thermal shock might hose up
the crystalline structure of the metal - works great on Lotus sleeves though..)

Freeze spray also works great for getting bearings on shafts, etc.,. (thank
God they came up with the non-CFC stuff...).

rkg

(Richard George)