Re: Front wing removal on midget

To: british-cars-local-request@wsl.dec.com
Subject: Re: Front wing removal on midget
From: miq@chromavac.esd.sgi.com (Miq Millman)
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 92 9:20:12 PDT
british-cars-local-request@wsl.dec.com says:
>    Does anyone know how the front wings (fenders) are attached on a
> midget ?  The car is a '76 (not that I think it matters).  Since I've
> decided to sell my TR6 and spend some time and $$ on my midget, I
> decided to try to take off the dented fender.  I took off the screws
> along the top edge, but it didn't really want to budge.  The Haynes
> manual doesn't give any hints.  I figure there must be some bolts
> holding it on from underneath, but I didn't see any.

Besides the 4 bolts along the top, there are 3 bolts holding the fender to
the cockpit area.  These are accessible under the carpet (if any) in the foot
well (if any).  Also there are a couple of bolts below the grill in the
front.

Taken off a bunch more fenders than I've put on......

--
Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,ucbvax}!sgi!miq  415 335 1041