re: Mid Ohio event this June?

To: mjb@hoosier
Subject: re: Mid Ohio event this June?
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 22 Apr 1992 9:14 EDT
>A few of you folks know about the SVRA (?) event coming up in late June
>of this year.  Standard vintage racing stuff, I would imagine, with the
>added twist that Triumph will be the featured marque[*].  How many folks
>from the list are planning on going?  Can anyone give me an idea of where
>exactly this track might be?  How far from Indianapolis?  I doubt that I

As of now, I doubt that I can make it....just too many other events
(VTR Convention, TRF Summer Party, etc.) plus actually doing some
work at home.  However, the special aspect of the event is indeed going
to be a Triumph only race.  I sure would love to see a video of that
event.

If two or more folks went to the event, they could stage themselves at
different locations (assuming each has a video camera) and then record
the entire race from that vantage point.  Dpoing so would provide
multiple vantage points that could later be merged into a single video.

Anyway, that's just a suggestion.  I have a friend that is a video
expert/fanatic that could probably help edit such an arrangement into
a single end product.  So...if there will be any of you that might be
able to do that (video that is) let me know and while I won't be there
myself, I'd like to help.  I will check with the track to determine
ahead of time iif they might also be doing a video.  No sense duplicating
the effort.

Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com