Re: Mid Ohio event this June?

To: mjb@hoosier
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio event this June?
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 09:09:53 EDT
From: mjb@hoosier.utah.edu (Mark Bradakis)

|> A few of you folks know about the SVRA (?) event coming up in late June
|> of this year.  Standard vintage racing stuff, I would imagine, with the
|> added twist that Triumph will be the featured marque[*].  How many folks
|> from the list are planning on going?  Can anyone give me an idea of where
|> exactly this track might be?  How far from Indianapolis?  I doubt that I
|> would arrange things so that I could fly to my dad's place in Indy, then
|> rent a car to drive to the event and back, so I am just a bit curious.

I am thinking about going.  To get there from Indy, you would take I-70
East to Columbus Ohio, then take I-71 North.  The track is about
halfway between Columbus and Clevland near Mansfield.  I'm not sure
what road you would take off I-71, but I know there are signs on the
interstate.  I think it is about 10-15 miles west of I-71.  From
Indy to Columbus is about 3 1/2 hrs. then you probably have about another
1 1/2 hours to get to the track.

|> mjb.
|>
|> *: How do you pronounce "marque"?  I say mark, but I have heard some
|>    folks folks pronounce it as if it were part of a theater.

I always thought it was pronounced "markee".

Bob