Re: marque??

To: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.com (Philip J Ethier)
Subject: Re: marque??
From: What was the question again? <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 92 13:31:00 PDT
    As I recall, it was Macbeth that was mizzld.

I'll have to look that one up.  But this all reminds me of my friend
who used to read "misled" and hear it as a Yiddish word.  Ever since
then I've had a secret tendency to refer to something screwed up but
in a deceptive way as "vermeiselt."

With that in mind, I'll tell a smog-test story.  The local shop got
my MGB to pass smog, but now the carbs are ganz vermeiselt.  On the
other hand, he determined that the weeping of oil and coolant from
between my #2 and #3 spark plugs is in fact due to a bad head gasket;
a compression test revealed 90 and 70 psi from them (ought to be about
160-180, I think; I've got the specs at home).

Anyway, I've known that this car was going to need a head gasket for
such a long time that it's been one of my private jokes (like the
starter noise, for those of you who've been present when I have tried
to start the car, or like the downpipe noise, for those of you who
have heard it run, or like the paint, for those of you who have seen
the car. :-)

So the ethical dilemma facing me now is:

I have a smog certificate good for two more years without inspection.

I have a mild E Production MGB engine with only a couple of races on it
in my garage being unused.

I have an idea...

--Scott "And I know I can fit an engine hoist in the Chevelle's trunk" Fisher