Re: Re: Reupholstery....

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Re: Reupholstery....
From: Geronimo x54903 page 951-3432 <GENDIMEN@T12SYS.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 92 08:26:08 PDT
>I looked at getting my Spitfire seats done last month but both
>TRF and Vic prices were around $500, so I went to my
>neighbourhood upholsterer and got `em done for $250.
Zahid

Shopping around is always in order.  Seems to me that a lot of the specialty
car places jack up the prices on a lot of items or services.    I was  looking
for some rally wheels for my Corvette a couple of months ago.  Corvette
specialty place- $550 used.  GM salvage place -$250.  Strip and paint my GT6
wheels, body shops- $200 and up.  Industrial paint place- $100 and done with
urethane, all 5 wheels. Actually, I only paid $50, I didn't like the color they
used, so they repainted them and cut the price in half.

Mike