DOT 3 fluid...again??

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: DOT 3 fluid...again??
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1992 11:19 PDT
Thanks for all the comments on DOT 3 brake fluid.

This comment is in response to Johns advise which is as follows "RTFM...."
Thanks for the advise John, in fact I thought that a good idea, before I got
thefluid, so I R my F Haynes M and it said DOT 3, then I R my F Bentley M and it
too said DOT 3.

It was the contrasting information from the net (wise owners of brit cars who
have a colective experiense which I think exceeds the manuals) and the manuls
which promtped my question as to the correct type of fluid to use.

Would it still be a good idea to run a quart or so of DOT 4 through the system?

Cheers DW