compresson etc

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: compresson etc
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 11:53 PDT
Even through I only got one reply about low compression only 3K miles after
the rebuild (I'm feeling rejected, alone and as though no one loves me), I
thought the follwing might interest you guys AND to see if anyone has
"been there, done it, and see it".

I talked to Bob (the best MG guy in town) and he said before I pull the engine,
I should check the cam timing as this could give the low (110Lbs) compression.

he aslo said that typically Triumph bores do not wear very much but that the
pistons will.  Any experience wit this (the engine is a 1300 Spit engine).

He also said that wet compression tests can be very misleading as the volume of
oil put in will artificially increase the compression ratio and hence
thecompression reading.  Comments anyone?

Cheers DW