Re: TR-3 restoration help?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-3 restoration help?
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1992 13:49:02 -0500 (CDT)
>So here is my question/inquiry of anyone who has taken the body
>off the chassis.  How rigid are they? Do you need to fabricate
>some support in the doors to keep the body from buckeling on the
>sills?

In the book:
_Guide_to_Purchase_&_D.I.Y._Restoration_of_the_Triumph_Spitfire,-
_GT6,_Herald,_&_Vitesse_, by Lindsay Porter and Peter Williams,
they take the body off of a Spit only after using something like a wood
4x4 wedged between the A and B posts to keep the body from buckling...

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726