Trottle bushings

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Trottle bushings
From: rgb@hal.com (Roger Bolick)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 09:18:49 CDT
These little plastic bushings are great, but will not fit as
delivered from TRF, not without a 2lb. hammer and you can't get
one in there without removing the engine.  What I did was to
cut the diameter of the small side down and round that edge.
All you need is enough lip to keep it from falling out as there
is little sideways force on this.  These new ones should still
be there long after the cars are gone.  My guess is they made
the new ones like the original, but 10X stiffer material and
never tried the resulting part...

You'll likely have to remove the drivers interior wall and disconnect
the brake/clutch pedals to get the shaft back in now that the slop is
gone.  You did mark the original position of clamp on the end?  if not
allow 1 hour of trial & error to sort out the linkage.

FYI, these are bushings in the firewall, NOT the carbs...

Roger