More pieces of Sonja to bewilder me

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: More pieces of Sonja to bewilder me
From: mrmike@michelotti.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 13:36:20 EDT
Sonja has had the "standard" fix for rusting wing beads
applied (namely to bondo over the whole seam).  The remainder
of the wings appear to be in good shape, but the seam and the
bonnet lip are shot in the front and the seam in the rear is a
loss as well.  There are several quarter-sized patches in the
sills.  The drivers foot-well is patched, and the frame is
solid and (fairly) straight.  Since I have no real feel for
how much work is involved in removing the wings now that the
standard fasteners have been augmented by fiberglass, I am
(once again) soliciting the advice of the net.multitude.  Any
books I should read?  Horror stories I should hear?  Cost
estimates or old bills to share? I'm out of my element, and it
shows.  I'm not even sure what questions to ask, but I'm not
about to just walk into a shop with no idea of what's involved
and ask for an estimate.

                                                        - MM

Q: Is it _possible_ to assemble a (relatively) complete
   body shell for a 4 if you come into a large sum of
   money?

Q2: Any hints on pulling recalcitrant steering columns or
    windscreen frames?  These two items have been vexing me
    for a week now.  I can't budge the spline on the steering
    and one side of the windscreen won't come off.  Any
    pointers on how and where to apply suitable force or other
    forms of persuasion (I've done the Liquid Wrench thang)
    would be most satisfying.

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com                     {whatever}!crdgw1!brahe!passaret
mrmike@fasun0.ae.ge.com         {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!fasun0!mrmike