re: sworking at my TR6

To: gdk@thumper.bellcore.com
Subject: re: sworking at my TR6
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 29 Apr 1992 13:40 EDT
>From thumper.bellcore.com!gdk Wed Apr 29 12:57:35 1992
  story about clutch stuck to flywheel after sitting through
   the winter deleted......
>It finally broke free, and is now fine.
>
>Question: is there anyway to prevent this from happening? It almost
>didn't work and I started to have visions of pulling the tranny,
>sworking violently for many hours. I park my TR outside every winter.

Short of excersizing the clutch periodically I can't think of
anything that doesn't have other posible side effects.  I've
heard some folks say push the clutch pedal in and jam it down with
a piece of wood or something.  I'd think that'd have a bad effect
on the clutch pressure plate springs, possibly leading to
slipping clutch, etc.

It is odd that some clutches stick and others don't, even after
long periods of storage.  I suspect it at least has something to
do with contamination (fluids, etc) on the clutch disc, but it
probably also has to do with temperature, humidity, phases of
the moon, etc.

Not much help, but just thought I'd mention my experience.
Bill Sohl (K2UNK) BELLCORE (Bell Communications Research, Inc.)
Morristown, NJ             email via UUCP      bcr!dancer!whs70
201-829-2879 Weekdays      email via Internet  whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com