TR3 Generator Mountings

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: TR3 Generator Mountings
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 29 Apr 92 19:03:51
   TR3 Generator Mountings

    Really, this post is for everybody with the TR2-4 "tractor engine".

When I was rebuilding the Clankster, I noticed that the generator was angled in
towards the engine at the front.  Assuming that the generator needed to be
parallel to the other rotating stuff, I rectified the problem with some filing,
cutting, and drilling.

   This weekend I was at a fellow TR enthusiast's house to peruse his TR3.
Close inspection of his engine revealed a generator angled in at the front,
just like mine had been!  What gives?

    Now I just had some correspondence with Chris Kantarjiev, and he tells me
that HIS generator is also angled in!  TR owners, are YOUR generators parallel
to your engines?  Or is the "angled-in-generator" a standard "design feature"
of the TR2-4 engine?

     - Jerry