On the road again

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: On the road again
From: flanery@elric.epm.ornl.gov (Ray Flanery)
Date: Fri, 1 May 92 08:53:38 EDT
Well, here I am again. After ~1 year, AliciaII is back on the road. Saturday
I finished rebuilding her front suspension (all that new rubber makes one
hell of a difference!). Then Sunday I finally got the last of the brake
system finished (rebuilt the calipers, master cylinder and rear pistons and
replaced the rubber lines!). Got it started only ro find out I had no
clutch pedal. Waited till Tuesday for the rebuild kits and that evening
rebuild the master and slave cylinders for the clutch. Took her for a ride
and figured everything was fine until I did a final bleed on the brakes and
lost all the pedal! Turned one of those damned cups on the primary piston.
So Wednesday I rebuilt the master cyclinder again, took her for another ride
and everything was fine.

Now, why am I writing this on Friday instead of Thursday? Because Thursday
morning when I went out to start her for my first top down ride to work in
over a year she would not start! The damned gas that had sat in the car for
the last year had gummed up the damned carb! So last night I rebuilt the
carburator (reminded me how much I want that little downdraft Weber!).

So anyway, here I am trying to remember how to type with stiff fingers (it
must have been a bit colder out than I thought) and in a little while I
will try to get the knots out of my hair (maybe the wife was right, I should
go get a hair cut).

Enough for now, anyone still reading -- have a great day!

!a

| Raymond E. Flanery Jr.             |  Go BROWNS !!!                     |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory      |                                    |
| Mathematical Sciences Section      |  1977 MGB (ALICIA II)              |
| EP&M Division                      |                                    |
| P.O. Box 2008, Bldg. 6012          |  (615)574-0630  FAX: (615)574-0680 |
| Oak Ridge, TN  37831-6367          |  flanery@msr.epm.ornl.gov          |