Ultimate British car seen on the way to work.

To: cs.utah.edu!hoosier!british-cars@crdgw1.ge.com,
Subject: Ultimate British car seen on the way to work.
From: bownes@pluto.crd.ge.com (Robert M. Bownes)
Date: Fri, 1 May 92 15:13:32 EDT
        Ok folks, I think I have it. One of my favourite cars to boot.

        I went to look @ a house at lunchtime today. On my way I noticed
a familiar looking truck pass by in the opposite direction. On the way back
I was stopped at the light in front of the Jaguar dealer and just had to
turn in.

        Well, maybe it's not the ultimate seeing as how it wasn't
a roadster. It was definitely a hardtop. But it did have 12 cylinders,
and they were right were they belonged. In the back seat. And the steering
was on the right side of the car. More or less. The leaping Cat was right
where he belonged. But there was no BRG to be seen. Alas, they'd painted
it since the last time I saw it. I did get a chance to sit in it though. I
even had the key that would start it on my keyring, but I didn't think that
it would be appreciated. And it might set the carpet on fire. It hasn't
been driven in about a year, but wasn't in the best of shape. Not
really to my surprise, the last time I saw it it was on the back of a
flatbed in Connect-The-Dots. The bodywork needed some attention, it was
cracked in a few places, the paintwork was not great, but from 20 feet you
couldn't tell.

        Reluctantly, I had to get back in the Chevy and tool back to work.
The daydream while driving back to work along the twisty riverside road that
leads to GE was definitely full of Jaguar though. Ah, yes. A Jaguar XJR-12
at full chat on twisty country roads. Now that would be a handfull. And
I don't think I would have heard the Passport go off in time to avoid
Officer Friendly either...

iii