gas tank sealers

To: sol@hoosier
Subject: gas tank sealers
From: Jonathan Moore <moore@predator.vpharm.com>
Date: Sat, 2 May 92 09:26:37 EDT
Upon removing the gas tank from my 69 Midget, I noticed quite
a bit of rust. In fact, on flushing it out, I came up with a
nice handful of small rust chips. I have a catalog from POR-15
in which they advertise a gas tank sealer that "stops rust,
corrosion and leaks, permanently". Basically, it looks like
you just pour a quart in, swish it around, and pour it out.
Anybody have experience with this or a similar product?
Since the tank appears to still be in good shape (i.e not
rusting through anywhere) it might be worth it spending $12.
for a quart of this stuff rather than $130. for a new fuel tank.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Jonathan M. Moore
    Protein NMR Group

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc.              email: moore@vpharm.com
40 Allston St.
Cambridge, MA 02139-4211       "We don't leave success to chance ... I guess"
     (617) 576-3111
FAX: (617) 576-2109