restoring E-type Jaguar, major chassis work

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: restoring E-type Jaguar, major chassis work
From: "John D. Barlow" <John.D.Barlow@arp.anu.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 04 May 92 14:36:37 +1000
I have an E-type, series 1 1/2, 1968 2+2, manual.
I bought it in the USA and I am converting it to
RHD.  It came from Kansas, so the rust isn't too
bad, but I am replacing inner and outer sills and
the floorpan (there is enough rust to make me worry).

A Jaguar fanatic-friend has a jig to hold the E-type
straight, and I plan to do the welding myself (MIG
welding).

I haven't tackled a job of this size before, and would
appreciate any comments or advise people have.  If you
email me direct, I will summarise in a month (roughly
4 weeks till I start cutting :-)

PS: I have Martin-Robey panels: full floor left and right,
inner and outer sills, sill reinforcers (front and rear),
sill ends (front, bulkhead and rear), right rear suspension
assembly, left door-skin, rear wheel-arch outer patch panels,
boot floor, footwell bulkhead panels.

John Barlow, Parallel Computing Research Facility, Australian National
University, I-Block, PO Box 4, Canberra, 2601, Australia.
email = John.Barlow@anu.edu.au
[International = +61 6, Australia = 06] [Phone = 2492930, Fax = 2490747]