Re: Crank pully nuts

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Crank pully nuts
From: robbp@healey_h (Robb Pryor)
Date: Mon, 4 May 1992 09:54:02 -0700
I once had a problem with the crank pully being loose on my 100/6.  One
could reach down and rotate the pully about 20 degrees.  The crank key that
keeps
the crank pully located was torn-up.  I managed to break the crank nut free
and
began to twist the nut off, that is until one of the dog-ears on the nut
wedged
itself against the front cross-member of the frame.  I took some
measurements,
before I finally decided that there just wasn't any clearance and that to
clear
the frame, the nut (with the engine attached) had to be raised.  What a
pain!

--
Robb Pryor      robbp@healey_haven.esd.sgi.com