MGB calipers on sprite front end?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: MGB calipers on sprite front end?
From: mwilson@max.arc.nasa.gov (Michael A. Wilson)
Date: Mon, 4 May 92 09:58:51 -0700
Ok, so I was putting a set of disk brakes on the '60 sprite. In as much as
it already has a 1275, negative ground, and an alternator, it didn't seem all
that heretical. So I got a deal on a rebuilt set of calipers, bolt 'em on,
start to slip in the pads and ... surprise! ... I've got me a nice, rebuilt set
of MGB calipers.

The question: is it possible to use these calipers on an otherwise
sprite/midget front end?  The pads meet the rotor ok, and the master
cylinder is the larger bore from the original with the front drum brakes.

If this particular car ever sees a track, it will be from the parking lot.

Mike

ps. If it works, does anyone have an extra set of the spring clips to
hold MGB pads in? The midget set doens't fit the MGB caliper.

 Mike Wilson, MS 239-4                                mwilson@max.arc.nasa.gov
 NASA Ames Research Center                              (415) 604-5759 day
 Moffett Field, CA   94035                              (510) 444-5631 eve