Re: MGB calipers on sprite front end?

To: mwilson@max.arc.nasa.gov (Michael A. Wilson)
Subject: Re: MGB calipers on sprite front end?
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 4 May 92 15:09:07 CDT
Michael A. Wilson writes \

\'60 sprite
\ MGB calipers.

\is it possible to use these calipers on an otherwise sprite/midget front end?

I know that the aftermarket guys sell kits to use Spitfire calipers on MGB
disks.  Or is that MGB calipers on Spitfire disks?  I think it is the former,
as the idea is to get bigger disks.

I would think there might not be an advantage to keeping the Spridget disks, as
they are rather small and thin.  A lot of heat, and they will probably warp.
All the dead ones I have seen have succumbed to corrosion, though.  I never got
into a higher class of used parts.  No blued, warped ones for me, just ones
that were rusted too thin to reface!

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN  55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324