Re: British Cars Digest #442 Sun May 3 01:15:02 MDT 1992

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: British Cars Digest #442 Sun May 3 01:15:02 MDT 1992
From: Andrew Wolf <awolf@hpbs2357.boi.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 92 12:16:31 MDT
Good morning gentlemen and ladies

On the rusty gas tank. Run to the nearest radiator shop, these guys
are incredible, they will dip your tank, and after the rust is gone, check
for leaks, repair, and then coat the inside, local cost is about 30.

For the person looking for a chemical to put on a head gasket to
prevent leaks, yes Kopper Koat is the way to go, but get it in the
spray can, much more uniform and neater job.

The same radiator shop that does the gas tanks, built a desert radiator
for me last spring. Used the standard top and bottom tanks, put in
new core 4 or 5 row fine pitch. Had them put in a sensor for a thermo
static switch for a fan (not needed though) did the job in 1 week for
180 bucks. I cannot get it to overheat (65 mgb) even in 100 F temps
and climbing mountains (none here in Idaho)

later

Andrew Wolf
65 MGB (6 years into my 2 year plan)