Historic Morgan?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Historic Morgan?
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 May 92 12:06:44 pdt
Last night I watched the first part of a new Masterpiece Theatre series
called "The Perfect Hero" or something like that.  It's the story about a
Spitfire pilot who gets disfigured by burns when his Spit gets shot
down during the Battle of Britain.  Since these MT period pieces always
seem to have plenty of old Brit cars in them I make it a point not to
miss one.  For you old aircraft fanciers there was a Gypsy Moth
(biplane) and some Spitfires.  I suspect the Spitfires where the same
ones that were in the "Piece of Cake" series a couple of years ago.

There was the usual assortment of taxi cabs, trucks, military vehicle,
et cetera but then about mid way through the episode one of the
characters drove off in what appeared to me to be a green Morgan.  Would
this be historically correct for 1940?  I could have been mistaken but
it had the dual spares very upright at the rear (not that uncommon on
some pre war cars), the distinctive round top radiator and very Morgan
looking fenders.

Roland