Midget brakes

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Midget brakes
From: Dennis Wilson <DWILSON@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1992 14:29 PDT
I sold my B GT after only 1 week of having a for sale in it outside my
house. I got $1450 for it and was asking $1500.  Not bad??

So now just HAD to get my Midget back on the road after winter storage and
a UJ change and brake work. I could NOT get the warning light to go off after
trying for ages to centralize the differential pressure regulator valve. So I
disconected the leads. The car does stop well and in a staright line.
I also had to unstick the clutch. A bit of a pain.

Then I took it out on the road.  The brakes, of course, needed to bed in but
they got their ACID test.

I came off a short peice of freeway onto a oneway main street. I had a green
light went cruzing down and horror of horrors, about 30 meters in front of me
just round the bend of the exit road from the freeway there were two teenage
kids wheeling their bikes accross the road, I had the green light and they
had crossed on atthe red-man sign.  So I slammed on the brakes, but I would
have still ploughed into them, so I turned left, skidded accross three lanes of
traffic and just clipped the kids rear wheel with my front bumper and stopped
qbabout 10 meters past them.  We were both lucky.

So I'm not too worried about the warning light as my brakes appear to be OK.

Cheers DW