Auction Info Wanted

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Auction Info Wanted
From: DODD@ELMO.EL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Date: Tue, 5 May 1992 8:23:05 EDT
 In a local auction this Sunday, there will be three cars sold, one of which I
 would like some more information on.  The first of the three is a 1961 MGA,
 "restored w/both tops, custom paint."  My guess is this car is probably in
 the $6-10K range as it claims all three cars are in excellent condition,
 ready to drive.  The second is a 1982 911 SC w/golden slant nose conversion.
 Since it is not British......  The third car is the info needer.  1951
 Triumph Renown Limo 2 Litre Salon.  "4 cyl. 3 spd, manuf. by Standard Motor
 Co., Coventry England.  Car features leather interior, walnut dash and trim,
 banjo steering wheel, flying lady hood ornament, and other unique features,
 built from 1946-51 w/original owner's manual."  This car from the picture is
 quite appealing.  It is extremely reminescent of salons from another factory
 in Coventry of the same period.  Does anyone know anything about this car?
 Strong/weak points?  What is it worth?  I know similar Jags (similar in looks
 and time frame at least) are ~$20K or more.  I assume parts might be a little
 tricky to get.  It has a 2088cc engine.  How does this compare to other TRs
 of the day?  Another info I might need.  I can hardly afford it, but if there
 is no interest, maybe....
 MAD