Guage Faces & GT350 4Sale

To: bowers@rigel.dfrf.nasa.gov, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Guage Faces & GT350 4Sale
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 92 10:12:44 pdt
Any suggestion on how to whiten up the lettering on my snake gauges.
They're Steward Warners and started life white on a black background.
Unfortunately the white lettering has turned a putrid yellowish-cream.
Can the lettering be bleached or somehow dyed without damaging the paint
or marring the background?

For you non Brit car exotics:

Yesterday while driving down Stevens Creek Boulevard near the HP site
here in Santa Clara I caught a glimpse of what appeared to be a GT350 for
sale on a used car lot.  Later I drove back for a closer look.  The lot
was one of those "show and tell" place where where you can rent space to
show your car.  The GT350 was on a platform near the front and appeared
to be legit.  It's a clean looking '66.  I thought the note attached to
the side window listed the serial number as SFM65077 but it must have
been SFM6S077.  SFM6S077 is listed in the 1987 edition of the Shelby
American World Registry.  Asking price was $58k.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282