RE: GT-6 for Sale

To: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GT-6 for Sale
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Thu, 7 May 1992 9:21:20 -0500 (CDT)
From: whs70@dancer.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
>FOR SALE  1969 Triumph GT6+
>          very straight body
>          good engine and transmission
>          British racing green
>          includes 5 wire AND 5 steel wheels and hubs
>          includes 1967 GT6 MKI parts car
>          Great canidate for restoration project
>
>call (817) 565 4160 ask for Tom
>sol.acs.unt.edu

I talked to this car's owner last fall (his name is Tom Rollins; he works
for the University of North Texas in Denton, TX -- just north of the
Dallas/Ft.Worth area).  He gave me a little info on the car - it sounds
like it could be a good catch.  He said the original owner was in Houston;
he bought it from the second owner, who was the original owner's cousin. He
said it was in storage from 197? to 1986.  Last fall it had just over
36,000 miles on the ticker.  I never saw the car, but he said it "needs
paint and some interior work."  As above, he never mentioned a price to me,
either.  If the work on my TR6 were going at a more significant pace, I'd
take a more serious look at this deal (sigh).

Lee M. Daniels -- former GT6+ owner and admirer.