old cars made new

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: old cars made new
From: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 92 10:26:13 PST
          If you are still driving your newly refurbished TR-4 every
          day, it will not stay perfect.  Daily drivers can't stay
          perfect, there is just no way to stay ahead of deterioration
          unless you do "put it in a box". If you have the car for
          enjoyment, and that is what you are doing is enjoying the
          car, don't worry about keeping some part of it ratty.  Try
          to fix it all up, you'll never get there, but that is not
          what's important.  What is important is your enjoyment of
          the car.  Your "fix it" list will be a continious live ever
          changing list. It will be a continous cycle. The point to be
          leary off is when you feel fixing or replacing a worn item
          is a bigger deal than your enjoyment of the car.

          My TR-6 is no longer my daily driver, it has become my fair
          weather car, this is because I didn't feel I could stay
          ahead of the wear and tear if I drove it every day. Also I'm
          so in love with "my car" that I want it, and I want it to
          last, for the rest of my life. I have never worried about
          the time or money I have spent on "my car", because the
          enjoyment I get from the car is priceless.  Some time it has
          had to wait for money, but spending money has never been an
          issue.

          It is all in your mind, if your mindset is to enjoy the car
          and not about keeping it perfect, then don't worry about
          trying to make it perfect.

          greg_meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com