Single Carb MGB

To: DODD@elmo.el.wpafb.af.mil
Subject: Single Carb MGB
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Thu, 7 May 92 11:26:10 -0700
I beleive you have hit the proverbial nail on the head. I regularly pull
the plugs and run a wire brush over them when ever they start to run rough.
And what I have found the last couple of times was varying degrees of
plug colors.

One time the front plugs (1 & 2) showed some carbon fouling and the rear
plugs (3 & 4) showed lean burning plugs, with 4 being the leanest. Which
told me that the rear carb was running rather lean.

The next time I checked all looked even, this sort of cinnamon color for
all four plugs. (the car still was running bad at this point.)

This last time when I posted the message the plugs were cinnamon for 3 &
4 plugs, and slightly fould for 1 & 2 plugs. So It may appear that I
have two flakey crabs that act the way they want when they want. Which
wouls suggest that I have fuel feed problems like the biggest majority
of the responses I have gotten.

I guess I'm ready to open the big can of worms, and ask the
question/poll about the Grose jets. I have seen responses for and
against. What I would like to see is a show of mail from all that have
had experiences with them. When the tally is in I will post the results
for all that are interested.

To cut the bandwidth of the responses and hopefully avoiding the whole
religious issue of who is wrong and who is right for and against the
issue of using Grose jets please respond to me directly.

BTW in case any are interested I do have the type of floats that have
the metal tabs, not the plastic type tabs.

Thanks in advance for all of the responses. And Thanks again for the

Bruce... "Still looking for that ultimate reliable LBC I used to own" Carter