Mother of all deals?

To: sol
Subject: Mother of all deals?
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Sun, 10 May 92 12:02:42 -0600
Even though it seems like there is an autocross in the area every sunday
between March and October, that isn't quite true.  We usually do get a rest
on both Easter and Mother's Day, so here it is, a sunny spring morning, and
rather than loading up the stuff in the racer I am drinking real coffee,
not the hot, discolored water from the Base Exchange, and perusing the SLC
sunday classifieds.  Some, uh, interesting deals.

   '74 Triumph TR6, complete factory rebuilt engine [?!?], trans,
   clutch, starter, and interior, trip. Webers, headers, new Michelin
   Redlines, no rust, orig. paint, many extras.  $9,000, 801-581-5999

   '70 Midget, re-power with Nissan motor, auto trans, net paint, new
   interior, 5 new tires, new top, spoke wheels, super fun car, $5,200
   801-566-3181

   '66 Sunbeam Tiger, V-8, 4 spd. needs restored [sic] Offer. 801-596-8586

   '67 Mini Cooper 1275S, completely disassembled, body chemically
   stripped, painted Guard's Red. Many new parts, $5,000 801-582-0377

   '59 Jaguar Mk 1 sedan, no rust through, rebulder [sic] good chrome
   and wood. $1,200 801-566-7043

Didn't see the Spitfire with the Ford V6 listed this week, must have
been sold, or the current owner gave up.  Personally, I'm wanting the
'26 International pickup for a tow rig.  Think the gaskets on that
"factory rebuilt" TR6 motor are getting a bit dry by now?

mjb.