Britcars on TV

To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
Subject: Britcars on TV
From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 14:03:39 -0400
Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> sez:
> Watched part two of the Masterpiece Theatre series with the green mystery
> roadster.  Definitely a Morgan.  .....

Sorry I missed this show.

I love to watch The Avengers, The Prisoner, The Saint, et al.  I used to
watch them when I was a kid in England basically because of the action/
adventure content.  Ever since I joined this list <mumble,mumble> years ago
I enjoy them additionally for their British Cars content!

One of my favourite British Cars spotting shows nowadays is "Inspector Morse"
on PBS TV's Mystery Theatre.  I always enjoyed John Thaw's acting anyway
(remember "Red Cap" in the 60s and "The Sweeney" in the 70s?).  However,
I have to tune in for this... if only to see his beautiful red Jaguar MkII
with the black roof.  Cor Blimey, wot a sight!  The location, set in the
University town of Oxford, seems most appropriate for this classic.

The recent episodes about the murder at the brewery (wot a way to drown!)
have shown particularly lengthy shots of this venerable old saloon.

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert