Re: Britcars on TV

To: archer@hsi86.hsi.com
Subject: Re: Britcars on TV
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 92 11:49:00 pdt
> Date: Tue, 12 May 92 14:03:39 -0400
> From: archer@hsi86.hsi.com (Garry Archer)
> To: british-cars%hoosier.utah.edu@uunet.uu.net
> Subject: Britcars on TV
>
> Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> sez:
> > Watched part two of the Masterpiece Theatre series with the green mystery
> > roadster.  Definitely a Morgan.  .....
>
> Sorry I missed this show.

Well, there are still two episodes left but some of the main characters
are getting killed off fast (the War, you know) and I figure the guy
with the Morgan is about due.  There've been a number of other
interesting cars shown as well but the story has gotten bogged down in a
lot of indoor talkie stuff of late.  Too bad William Goldman didn't do
the script.  He would have only included the "good" parts.

> I have to tune in for this... if only to see his beautiful red Jaguar MkII
> with the black roof.  Cor Blimey, wot a sight!  The location, set in the
> University town of Oxford, seems most appropriate for this classic.
>
> The recent episodes about the murder at the brewery (wot a way to drown!)
> have shown particularly lengthy shots of this venerable old saloon.

Yeah, just don't make 'em that way anymore.