1500/1300 head swap

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: 1500/1300 head swap
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 May 92 13:33:31 -0400
        Does anyone know if I can swap the cylinder head from
a 1500 spitfire engine to the 1296 engine?  The reason I ask is
that I have recently come into a 'spare' 1500 head.  I know the
head on my 1296 needs some attention.  I would like to keep the
car running, so I thought I could get the spare head reconditioned
and then put it on.  That way I'd have minimal downtime.  Also, If the
compression ratio is going to drop, does anyone know how much I'd
have to shave off the 1500 head to get/keep 9.5 or 10 to 1 cr?
        Other question, can anyone send a qustion to the VW list
for me or tell me how to do it?
        Thanks in advance. . .

Woodruff@caen.engine.umich.edu

P.S.  DW and MJB - no, this is not any of the negotiated engines