Bluehairs in the left lane

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Bluehairs in the left lane
From: RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Date: Wed, 13 May 1992 14:36 EDT
In regard to the latest discussion about Massachusetts driver,
Bluehairs and Pork Pie hats crawling in the left lane as well as the
obligitory tail-gaiter, may I  forward one of my ways of dealing with
the situation.

Get a door buzzer switch or the like, wire it into the brake light
circuit, so when you press the switch, the brake light goes on.

Next time you have the obligitory tail-gaiter (assuming there is no
close traffic behind the tail-gaiter), hit the brake switch...boy
do they back off....as to the Bluehair & Porkpie types..once you've
safely passed them and retaken the left lane (again assuming there
are no cars closely behind them) nail the brake light switch...
it gets their dear little hearts a poundin.......instead of
granny's squinty little eyes peering precariously between the
top of the dash and steering wheel...she now has bug eyes!

Seriously, in this month's (May) Popular Classics (from the UK), there
is a whole supplement on post-war MG sports cars. The magazine is
available from NewsBreak, Swansea, MA.

Ric Golen