Info

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Info
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Thu, 14 May 92 12:10 EDT

Does anybody have any informiation about the SAAB Sonnet ? Are there
any years to stay away from ? I have ordered the appropiate book from
Classic Motorbooks but it will be a while for the book to arrrive. I
will be looking at one next week with the intent of buying it. My wife
is on vacation for a couple of weeks, so there is no one to "cloud" my
judgement :-).

My only knowledge is that it is FWD (free-wheeling hubs), using the Ford
V4 engine of 1600cc (?) or was it 2L. GRP body on a steel pan chassis.

BTW: I think the Sonnet should be made an honourary LBC, it has all of
the same characteristics.

I received the panhard rod from Winner's Circle last night in the post
(talk about servive - I ordered it on Monday morning !!!). It looks
well built and from browsing at the instructions, looks fairly easy
to install. I also received the brake adaptor plates for the big brake
conversion, I am really curious to see how they work. I have always
been surprised by the high pedal pressure required to make a Midget
stop, considering it is such a light car

Gerry