Mini Woody

To: "British.cars" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mini Woody
From: Shel Hall <76701.103@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 May 92 03:44:32 EDT
Folks-

>From the Far Pacific comes pacdata!dave@uunet.UU.NET (Dave Ambrose)
asking "Is this a factory Mini?"

>>> I saw something really neat today.  It was your basic Mini in a
station wagon model with wood trim.  Was this something done at the
factory,  or is a custom job?  I'd never seen one before.<<<

Yep, that's a "Mini Countryman."  A regular "works" item, that.  And
the wood is real.  Ash, I think, but in any case none of your tacky
stamped-tin-and-contact-paper like Old Lido puts on his Chrysler Corp
minivans.

I don't think BMC ever made the Countryman in a "Cooper" version, but I
know of one here that have had the full Cooper S treatment, post-works.

-Shel

P.S.  Dave, tell Chuck Rudolph I saw his picture in the paper here. It
made him look far too young to be president of anything. It was lot
smaller than my picture was, but I'm a much larger guy than Chuck,
anyway. Tell him that if he asks the Constitution nicely, next time they
might not run his picture next to the Preparation H advertisement.

P.P.S.  When you tell Chuck that, he will say "Well, that [expletive
deleted] hasn't changed," and you can tell him he's right!