MGB water pump

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: MGB water pump
From: stern@neocad.com (Carl Stern)
Date: Wed, 20 May 92 12:09:29 MDT
     Can anyone speak of MGB water pumps in general?  I am pulling my
alternator out today for a rebuild.  I though this would be a good time
(a good time?) to check/replace my water pump.  I have heard the tell tale
bird chirp sound and my temp runs a little hot.  Other than the typical
lean running, bad timing, etc. type things to check for overheating, what else
can I do?  Specifically in regards to cooling system flow, pressure, etc.
Do the pumps usually die gradually or just fail?

  Carl

p.s.  Ed D.:   Congrats on your drive.  I guess you made it.

      Wayne A.:  That Jaguar XK-150 in Boulder is being sold by Gephardt BMW.