Re: carpets and tops

To: british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu
Subject: Re: carpets and tops
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Fri, 22 May 92 09:13:13 EDT
James TenCate writes:

        Does anyone know anything about Classic Auto Interiors (Doraville, GA)?
        Their prices on carpet sets are pretty good;  same is true of their
        convertible tops.  Examples:  MGB Mk II, cut pile nylon carpet, $132
        or TR7/8 convertible, cut pile nylon carpet, $158.  Corresponding
        prices for wool carpets are $263 and $289.  Convertible top prices:
        MGB $159.95   TR7/8  $159.95   True, they're not Robbins/Be-Att but
        they're US made and lots cheaper.  Anyone bought anything from them??
        How is the quality of their stuff?

This is Kit Turnier's place on Buford Highway just outside Atlanta.  She does
high quality reupholstery and interior restoration.  I believe she actually made
the "cheap carpet sets" that the Roadster Factory sells, which is not to say
that she works in inferior materials.

I know she does good work; I don't know anything about the tops you're talking
about.  When I talked to her last, she was able to offer tops in any one of
a large choice of materials, all the way to the stuff you find factory stock
on Mercedes and so forth.

                        Tim Drabik
                        Georgia Tech